- Date & Time: October 26, 2014 (this Sunday) from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Venue: Bombay Tandoor, 8603 Westwood Center Drive, Vienna, Virginia 22182
- Dr. Stevens Guest, a leading American Nephrologist and the honorary Director of Nephrology, ISKF
- Imam M A Azeez (Salam Center, Sacramento, CA)
~ Complementary Lunch will be served to confirmed attendees only. Please confirm your attendance immediately in order for us to give exact headcount to the restaurant. Your immediate confirmation is absolutely necessary for maximum space & food reservation. ~
About 20 million people in Bangladesh are suffering from kidney disease. About 40,000 of them die every year and 95% of them cannot afford the costly dialysis treatment. A project to treat kidney patients in Bangladesh started under the umbrella of the Imdad-Sitara Khan Kidney Centers (ISKKC) in 2006. ISKKC currently has nine kidney treatment centers that are located at Barisal, Bogra, Chiitagong, Dhaka, Dinajpur, Khulna, Kushtia, Moulovibazar, & Rajshahi. All of these nine centers carried out about 17,000 dialysis in 2013 alone. ISKKC plans to open more kidney treatment centers in near future throughout Bangladesh. ISKF has already established itself as the premier dialysis provider and by far the largest institution in Bangladesh of its kind. Without these clinics hundreds of destitute patients would not have access to life-saving dialysis procedures.
We are inviting you to attend a fundraising lunch to help under served low-income kidney patients in Bangladesh. We are very hopeful that you will leave the program with a great sense of satisfaction as an expatriate making a positive and uplifting difference. You will be joining us to support a project that directly helps patients with End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). He or she could be one of your beloved ones living unattended without any hope of getting this life saving and costly treatment. You will join a project that achieved commendable quantitative growth and qualitative excellence.
Your donation is tax exempt thru SBF, a US 501 (c)(3) organization. You can also pay from your Zakat.
- Donate for a Patient's dialysis
- Donate a dialysis machine plus bed for $6,000 after your beloved one
- Donate for Endowment Fund towards financially challenged patients
On behalf of Washington, DC Fundraising Volunteering Team,
Shah (Raja) Ahmed: 202-297-8442; Faisal Quader: 301-526-7888; Dipok Mia: 443-865-2591;
Abu Kamal: 408-718-2472; Firoz Kabir: 301-830-1418; Azfar Hossain: 858-869-7738;
Shamim Khan: 443-629-8625; Imran Firoz: 443-756-9858; Mahfuzur Rahman 301-646-3475
- To learn about ISKKF, please visit: http://www.iskkc.org/
- To learn about SBF, please visit: http://www.sbfus.org/
- Please visit Dr. Guest's Book at: http://goo.gl/3jm9yM
- To know about US Ambassador Dan Mozena's visit at Bogura Dialysis Center on April 8, 2014, please visit: http://iskkc.org/download/ambassadorsvisit.pdf
- To know about Toronto Fundraising on August 16, 2014, please visit: http://iskkc.org/download/TorontoReport.pdf
- To know about Arizona State Dialysis Center at Barisal, please visit: http://iskkc.org/download/barisal_report.pdf
- To know about Sacramento Fundraising on June 22, 2014, please visit: http://iskkc.org/download/report.pdf
- To know about Bay Area fundraising held on Oct 26, 2013, please visit: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v4ewm5fqji8td7k/TtCecAIjog
- To know about fundraising in online for Mokib Sarker, a dialysis patient in Rajshahi Center in April 2014, please visit: http://www.iskkc.org/download/mokib.pdf
Presented in collaboration with Technuf University, ISKF (Imdad-Sitara Khan Foundation), and SBF (Sonar Bangla Foundation).