Banner Advertise

Sunday, February 1, 2009

[chottala.com] We deserve to be a much better nation

We deserve to be a much better nation

 

I often wondered do we have more of good people or more of bad people around us!  My firm conviction is good people around us are more in number.  Had it not been the case, we as members of the society could not have survived.  We are more inclined to help someone in distress then creating miseries to the innocent people in the society.  I have had a host of such experiences in my own life.

 

Just a few days back my mother in law underwent a very critical bypass surgery on her heart.  She belonged to a rare "B negative" blood group.  We were very much sceptical about the possibility of getting at least six bags of blood that the hospital authorities demanded from us.  We did not have a single person in our known that had that group of blood.

 

Finding no other way I posted a message in the yahoo groups that I am a member. The response had been unbelievable.  In the process I also have made some very good new friends.

 

My experience is, our younger generation belongs to a group of positive thinking people.  As they enter the professional life a portion of them start drifting away and unknowingly join the other group that can be termed as greedy, selfish, sycophant or the like.

 

The purpose of my this mail is, I would like to urge upon all who are reading this mail so that we make every effort to save this generation from falling prey to the terribly wrong practices of life.  Those who are young and yet to confront the professional life should make every effort to make themselves educated, competent and self-sufficient so that they don't need anyone's assistance or mercy to stand up and face her/his life squarely.  The only thing that they need to do is "have faith in themselves."

 

I shall be very happy to interact with all of you, especially the younger people on this issue that I feel is a very important necessity for keeping pace with the fast moving world around us.  One of my aims in life has been to stand beside the younger generation, after my retirement, and to help them grow as worthy citizens of this lovely country.  I feel I could begin it now.

 

Joy

Rajshahi

Colonel_millat@yahoo.com

 


__._,_.___

[* Moderator's Note - CHOTTALA is a non-profit, non-religious, non-political and non-discriminatory organization.

* Disclaimer: Any posting to the CHOTTALA are the opinion of the author. Authors of the messages to the CHOTTALA are responsible for the accuracy of their information and the conformance of their material with applicable copyright and other laws. Many people will read your post, and it will be archived for a very long time. The act of posting to the CHOTTALA indicates the subscriber's agreement to accept the adjudications of the moderator]




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___