---------- Forwarded Message ----------
From: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Re: Fwd: Freedom of Expression / Examples of Protecting Freedom of Exp ression
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2013 17:21:57 GMT
---------- Original Message ----------
for <email@example.com> (sender <firstname.lastname@example.org>);
Sun, 10 Feb 2013 04:42:13 -0800 (PST)
Dear Bangladeshi young and old brothers and sisters, Bangladesh is our country and our future, and Honorable MP's;
After 41 years of independence at the cost and� sacrifice of 3 millions of lives, Bangladesh is not still a politically stable country;� election process-� the most important element in democracy is not yet agreed upon by the major parties; extrajudicial killings and disappearance are going on,� judicial process is questionable by us (both for and against International War Crime Judgement process) and by other international organizations.
Now let us see where our opinions stand after going through the following international Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which has been ratified by Bangladesh and it is accepted as our part of the constitutional obligation to abide by, guided by, and followed by.
Golam F. Akhter, Bangladesh-USA Human Right Coalition Inc.
Reference: Universal Declaration of human Rights;� http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml#atop
- Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.
- Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
- (1) Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and association.
- (2) No one may be compelled to belong to an association
�I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to death your right to say�it.�This oft-quoted statement by Voltaire is always invoked in the debate over freedom of speech
Examples of Protecting Freedom of Expression:
Reference 1. white Supremacy Rally in Washington DC :http://www.wusa9.com/news/article/222614/158/Aryan-Nations-White-Supremacists-Rally-In-Capitol-Hill
Aryan Nations White Supremacists Rally In Capitol Hill
12:36 PM, Sep 23, 2012 ��|�� 3 �comments
WASHINGTON (WUSA) -- Fourteen members of the white supremacy group Aryan Nations marched on Capitol Hill Saturday afternoon.
They were surrounded by an enormous police presence to keep counter protestors a safe distance.
Mounted police, officers on bikes, motorcycles, in cruisers and in riot gear helped keep the peace.Hundreds of counter protestors houted angrily at the hate group.0
One shouted "You are everythsing that is wrong with society."
Aryan Nations says they came to Washington to shine light on the atrocities of white farmers in South Africa. But all it did was insight anger.
Counter protestors stopped the march periodically. Police threatened to arrest people and gave out warnings.
Kayeen Thomas was seconds away from being arrested until he calmed down.."I've been in DC since I was 3 years old. I grew up in Southeast. This is my city and to allow racists and Nazis, I can't stand to let it happen"
There were no reports of arrests or injuries during the demonstration.======================
I, Golam F. Akhter, and one friend protested and demonstrated against an illegal� picnic sponsored by illegally� named BAAI (Bangladesh Association of America Inc.) in a picnic spot of Montgomery County of Maryland, USA with police permit. Seventeen (17) policemen some with horse mounted guarded me from 150 opposing Bangladeshis in the illegal picnic, it happened in 1990's.
��������� I've received many Jamaat.BNP supporting material from him before.� Does anybody know who he is, is he real, if so where doe he live?� Do not spread this.
���������� Deeldar did a good job with Anis Ahmed. Thanks, guys.
� � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � �� Farida Majid �����
[* Moderator's Note - CHOTTALA is a non-profit, non-religious, non-political and non-discriminatory organization.
* Disclaimer: Any posting to the CHOTTALA are the opinion of the author. Authors of the messages to the CHOTTALA are responsible for the accuracy of their information and the conformance of their material with applicable copyright and other laws. Many people will read your post, and it will be archived for a very long time. The act of posting to the CHOTTALA indicates the subscriber's agreement to accept the adjudications of the moderator]