Bangladesh Unity Federation of Los Angeles
BUFLA is a Federation of many different Bangladeshi organizations of greater Los Angeles area in California, USA
Bangladesh Day Parade 2015
organized by BUFLA in Los Angeles, California, USA
on the occasion of
Bangladesh Independence Day
Spectacular Parade and Festival
March 28-29, 2015
Parade Marshall: Shykh Seraj of Channel I
Other Special dignitaries and Guests:
Mousumi Barua , LA-Mayor Eric Garcetti, LA-City council President Herb Wesson, Several other City Mayors and their representatives, Congress person representative, Deputy Chief of LA Police and several others
Partho barua, Beauty Das and many local talented Artists
All the participants colorfully dressed and with
Fancy and Colorful Floats, beautiful Marching Bands, Horses, Horse-Carriages, LAPD Helicopter Flying-over the Parade, Music, Dance, Seminar for Youths and parents, Children's Art and Poem Recitation competition, Vendors with Delicious food, Jewellery, Clothings, Antiques, and Meeting thousands of people and Socializing and Networking and having great times and fantastic times and uplifting times and many many more ……
Please see the attached two Flyers for further details
Shiper Chowdhury, BUFLA-President
Abul Hasnat Rayhan, BUFLA General Secretary
BUFLA-Cabinet (Contact Persons):
President: Shiper Chowdhury Email: email@example.com , Phone: 805-551-0392
Vice President: Shafiul Alam Babu, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 818-633-2142
General Secretary: Abul Hasnat Rayhan, Email: email@example.com, Phone: 818-383-9560
Organizing Secretary: Faruq Howlader, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 213-509-9393
Finance Secretary: Anjuman Ara Sheulee, Email: email@example.com, Phone: 213-200-2901
Public Relations: Layek Ahmed, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 818-294-1523
Cultural Secretary: Syed M Hossain Babu, Email: email@example.com, Phone: 323-394-2961
From BUFLA-President Shiper Chowdhury
প্রতিবারের মত এ বছরও লস এঞ্জেলেস এর প্রানকেন্দ্র 'লিটিল বাংলাদেশ' এ আগামি ২৮ ও ২৯ মার্চ দুইদিন ব্যাপী বাংলাদেশ ইউনিটি ফেডারেশন অব লস এঞ্জেলেস (বাফলা)'র উদ্যোগে স্বাধীনতা দিবস উদযাপন উপলক্ষে বাৎসরিক ডে প্যারেড, মেলা ও জমকালো সাংস্কৃতিক অনুষ্ঠান অনুষ্ঠিত হতে যাচ্ছে। চ্যানেল আই এর প্রখ্যাত উপস্থাপিকা মৌসুমি বড়ুয়ার উপস্থাপনায় এই অনুষ্ঠানে গান গাইবেন প্রখ্যাত শিল্পী এন্ড্রু কিশোর, বিউটি দাস এবং স্থানীয় শিল্পীরা ।
(1) বাফলার আয়োজনে জাঁকজমকপূর্ণ বাংলাদেশ ডে প্যারেড ও ফেস্টিভ্যাল মহান স্বাধীনতা দিবস (LA BanglaTimes Report):
(2) BUFLA Fund Raising Dinner (Feb-15-2015)
(LA BanglaTimes Report):
Please visit BUFLA Website at www.bufla.org to see many of the BUFLA Charity Activities
(4) BUFLA-Charity, Blanket Distribution in Bangladesh
সিলেটের দক্ষিণ সুরমায় শীতবস্ত্র বিতরণকালে অতিথিবৃন্দ দেশ-বিদেশে উন্নয়মূলক কাজে এগিয়ে যাচ্ছে বাফলা (LA BanglaTimes Report)
(5) BUFLA-Charity, Helping a deceased person's Family
সাংস্কৃতিক ব্যক্তিত্ব মোঃ সফি হকের ইন্তেকাল - বাফলার সহযগিতা
(LA BanglaTimes Report):
1. To enhance the symbol of unity among the healthy diversity of our Bangladesh community in the greater Los Angeles area. This symbol of unity is very precious for ourselves, as well as for our children and grand children, so that they can see good examples in ourselves.
2. Promote Unity, Harmony and Discipline in our Bangladeshi Community of the Greater Los Angeles Area in California, and beyond, through Mutual Respect, Modesty, and sincere Goodwill.
3. To symbolize effective unity through:
(a) a resourceful Website,
(b) an annual joint event of celebration, and
(c) to address certain special needs of the community through a set of talented Standing Committees.
(d) Enrich the Community through various Community Development Projects, and Quality Education.
(e) To maintain a BUFLA office
(f) To establish a Community Center
4. To help promote all organizations and their programs and events in a relatively more synchronized way, including the Web-posting of Organizational events in the Community Calendar of BUFLA Website.
5. To perform and promote Charitable activities for the people of USA, Bangladesh and other countries through various means including Blanket distribution to the needy in winter, distribution of clothes and other necessary items to the needy and homeless, feeding the homeless and needy, distribution of computers and other educational items to the needy students, hold and maintain community Health Clinic and Fair to educate the community and to serve the patients in the community, offer financial help and moral help to families in distress due to the loss of loved ones, burial expense help for any needy family, offer humanitarian help and moral help to the victims of any natural disasters or accidents, make BUFLA a true friend in need for all in various charitable circumstances, etc.
6. To develop and offer various types of community development projects and services including the following:
(a) Legal services of various kinds to the community
(b) Immigration services to the community
(c) Routine Health care services
(d) Offer Job training classes
(e) Offer Tutoring services for the students
(f) Offer Citizenship exam preparation classes.
(g) Hold BUFLA Family Night programs, Iftar parties and other social events
(h) Publish an Annual Souvenir on the occasion of the Parade
(i) Offer Family Counselling, including arranging a shelter for the victim in case of family violence.
(j) Offer various types of educational classes including (i) STEM = Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (ii) Computer classes, (iii) Language classes including Bengali, Arabic and English (iv) Cultural classes including Songs and Dances, (v) Religious classes, (vi) Art classes, (vii) Cooking classes, (viii) Sewing classes, (ix) Exercise classes, (x) Health care awareness and practice classes, (xi) Debate sessions for youths and adults, (xii) Seminars on various educational topics by learned speakers, (xiii) Etc.
7. To develop and offer Marriage Match services to our Youths through BUFLA Website and other means.
8. To enhance the network, synergy and mutual benefit of our enormously multi-talented community and extensively resourceful community, through mutual respect and goodwill.
9. Uplift Bangladesh in front of the Mainstream American Society.
10. Transform our Community into a Distinguished Community with Higher Quality Education, and Higher Values.
11. To stand tall and united as a vibrant community, with modesty and strengths, in front of the broader Society of this great Nation.
12. Display a Spectacular Annual Bangladesh Independence Day Parade on the last weekend (Sunday) of every March, on the Big Roads of Los Angeles, California, USA.
Here are the first few lines of the BUFLA Anthem promoting Unity
You may have an opinion that is different than mine
You may have a job that is different than mine
Your religion and race may be different than mine
We are the people of one free country with one flag
And holding that flag we sing the song of Unity
We are BUFLA
We are BUFLA
We are BUFLA