Banner Advertise

Thursday, October 11, 2012

[chottala.com] Afterlife exists says top brain surgeon




By Mark Hughes, New York 09 Oct 2012

http://www.telegrap h.co.uk/news/ worldnews/ northamerica/ usa/9597345/ Afterlife- exists-says- top-brain- surgeon.html

A prominent scientist who had previously dismissed the possibility of the
afterlife says he has reconsidered his belief after experiencing an out of
body experience which has convinced him that heaven exists.

Dr Eben Alexander, a Harvard-educated neurosurgeon, fell into a coma for
seven days in 2008 after contracting meningitis.

During his illness Dr Alexander says that the part of his brain which
controls human thought and emotion "shut down" and that he then experienced
"something so profound that it gave me a scientific reason to believe in
consciousness after death." In an essay for American magazine Newsweek,
which he wrote to promote his book Proof of Heaven, Dr Alexander says he
was met by a beautiful blue-eyed woman in a "place of clouds, big fluffy
pink-white ones" and "shimmering beings".

He continues: "Birds? Angels? These words registered later, when I was
writing down my recollections. But neither of these words do justice to the
beings themselves, which were quite simply different from anything I have
known on this planet. They were more advanced. Higher forms." The doctor
adds that a "huge and booming like a glorious chant, came down from above,
and I wondered if the winged beings were producing it. the sound was
palpable and almost material, like a rain that you can feel on your skin
but doesn't get you wet."

Dr Alexander says he had heard stories from patients who spoke of outer
body experiences but had disregarded them as "wishful thinking" but has
reconsidered his opinion following his own experience.

He added: "I know full well how extraordinary, how frankly unbelievable,
all this sounds. Had someone even a doctor told me a story like this in the
old days, I would have been quite certain that they were under the spell of
some delusion.

"But what happened to me was, far from being delusional, as real or more
real than any event in my life. That includes my wedding day and the birth
of my two sons." He added: "I've spent decades as a neurosurgeon at some of
the most prestigous medical institutions in our country. I know that many
of my peers hold as I myself did to the theory that the brain, and in
particular the cortex, generates consciousness and that we live in a
universe devoid of any kind of emotion, much less the unconditional love
that I now know God and the universe have toward us.

"But that belief, that theory, now lies broken at our feet. What happened
to me destroyed it."





__._,_.___


[* Moderator�s Note - CHOTTALA is a non-profit, non-religious, non-political and non-discriminatory organization.

* Disclaimer: Any posting to the CHOTTALA are the opinion of the author. Authors of the messages to the CHOTTALA are responsible for the accuracy of their information and the conformance of their material with applicable copyright and other laws. Many people will read your post, and it will be archived for a very long time. The act of posting to the CHOTTALA indicates the subscriber's agreement to accept the adjudications of the moderator]




Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___